A chakra is an energy vortex within the body. These energy centers correspond with major nerve bundles. There are seven main chakras from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.
- Muladhara (root chakra) - grounding, stability & security - relating to the earth element and is aligned at a right angle to the sushumna nadi
- Svadhisthana (sacral chakra) - emotions, creative expression & sexuality - relating to the water element and is located near the pubic bone
- Manipura (solar plexus chakra) - will power, digestive fire & energy. This is the main reservoir of prana and relates to the fire element. Its location is at the navel.
- Anahata (heart chakra) - love & compassion - bridge between matter & spirit. Its element is air and its located at the heart level
- Vishuddha (throat chakra) - truth & verbal expression - its element is either and located at the base of the throat
- Ajna (third eye chakra) - intuition & inspiration - its located at the top of the spine where the ida, pingala and sushumna meet
- Sahaswara (crown chakra) - enlightenment and spiritual connectedness located at the top of the head and its element is either.
Copyright © 2017 YogiMoksha.org
Balancing and energizing your chakras